Hot on the previous topic of beetroot juice for chilblains, we have now got eggplants as an option! Or have we?
Some new research recently crossed my screen on “Antichilblain Components in Eggplant” – something like that is going to get my attention. Turns out that eggplant applied externally to relieve the symptoms of chilblains has been used in East Asia for quite some time.
Just because it is used historically does not mean it works any better than the current chilblains treatments we have. Just becasue eggplants are “natural” does not mean that they are any better than the current chilblains treatments.
What was good about this research on eggplants for the use on chilblains is that it was an investigation into the mechanisms and biological ingredients of the eggplant that may have an effect on chilblains. It is important to note that this was not a clinical trial on the use of eggplants on chilblains, but that will not stop the pseudoscience cult from touting eggplants as a treatment for chilblains! There are a lot of health claims that do get made for eggplants and a quick Google search shows many – almost too many to believe any of them.
The study found that using bioassys to investigate the different compounds in eggplants. They found 11 compounds that have an anti-inflammatory activity and 27 that have an antioxidant activity. Any one of them or some of them or all of them may have potential therapeutic effects on chilblains. Only clinical trials can determine if eggplants have any clinical effect on chilblains above what would be expected from using a placebo or the current commonly used treatments for chilblains.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Shi, Eric (Author)
- Hardcover Book
- Brennan, Dr. Todd (Author)
- For get the broken ankle and stand out with this Podiatry Make Walking Great Again that is suitable for men, women, boys, girls, youths and teens. Ideal trend for couples, dad, mom, husband, wife, boyfriend and girlfriend that are physicians and surgeons.
- The best present for him and her on Birthdays, Christmas, Independence Day, and Labor Day. Father and mother that are orthopedist or podiatrist can give it to kids, sons, daughters and toddlers. Use it as family matching style for 4th of July celebrations.
- Two layers of soft tissue
- TIDI Toes print
- Hardcover Book
- Wishnie, Peter (Author)
- Are you a podiatrist, chiropodist, or someone who works at a foot clinic, podiatry office who also loves Christmas? This funny Podiatry Christmas tree design reads OH PODIATREE: with rows of feet in a tree shape.
- Perfect for any foot care specialist. Display it proudly to the podiatrist's office and get smiles from your patients with this holiday design.
- Highest quality 316 series stainless steel provides best performance, corrosion and high temperature resistance
- Fully autoclaveable
- Closed Cell Podiatry Axial/Sesamoid Weight Bearing - 13" x 8" x 4"
- Closed Cell Sponges are made from a lightweight, radiolucent, non-porous foam - entirely easy to clean and extremely durable! Non-coated, premium charcoal grey color. 100% radiolucent artifact free imaging.
- Are you a podiatrist? This podiatry designed outfit is for you. Makes a fitting foot doctor gifts too. Get your foot doctor this funny podiatrist attire. This make a cool gift for podiatrist you know. Grab this foot surgeon outfit now!
- Podiatrist gift? This foot whisperer designed outfit is for you. Be the funny foot doctor in this unique foot nerd design. Makes a funny foot whisperer gifts.This podiatry attire makes a nice gift for future podiatrist too. Get this foot surgeon gifts now!
- InnoviHealth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases